We have always eaten raw avocados, just seasoned with salt and pepper, or as guacamole. But recently I have started to see recipes using the avocado lightly cooked, such as this one, so I decided to give at chance… and frankly, it tastes great!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- 3 o 4 strips of bacon
- Boil the egg 4 to 5 minutes, starting with boiling water. We want it «poché», with a firm white and a raw and creamy yolk.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the bone and peel it
- After the 4/5 minutes boiling the egg, place it in iced water for some minutes and peel it (carefully, it is very soft!)
- Place the egg into the hole of the avocado bone. If needed, carve it with a spoon so you can close the avocado without popping the egg.
- Wrap the avocado with the bacon, with transverse and lengthwise stripes. It will work better if the bacon is not too cured, as it will be more flexible and will wrap better; I had an smoked one rather dry and it has not been easy to properly wrap the avocado… Do your best!
- Place the wrapped avocado on the pan, no need to add oil as the bacon will loose enough fat, and fry each side until crispy.
- Cut it and… Bon profit!